Below is a Strike Tool Kit and some additional files to help you with planning and carrying out a strike against retaliation at your store. If you are planning to strike against retaliation, be sure you’ve signed the pledge, too. Click here and sign.
It is every Associate’s right to go on strike to protest Walmart’s unlawful attempts to silence Associates who speak out. Under federal law, Walmart cannot fire or otherwise retaliate against Associates who engage in a federally protected strike against these Unfair Labor Practices (ULPs). This toolkit will give you the information you need to make sure that federal labor law protects your strike.
- About Unfair Labor Practice Strikes and How They Protect Associates
- About Unfair Labor Practices (ULPs)
- How To Respond When You Believe Walmart Has Committed A ULP
- Information Necessary For ULP Charges
- How Unfair Labor Practice Cases Are Started and Processed
- Script Associates Should Follow To Call Off Work Or Walk Off The Job
- Letter Notifying Company Of Strike
- Script Associates Should Follow When Offering To Return To Work
- Letter Offering To Return To Work
- The Rights Of Associates To Participate In Actions Inside And Outside Stores
- Messages On Signs Associates Make
- Outdoor Distribution And Picketing Instructions
- Indoor Distribution Instructions
- Indoor Action Instructions
What you need to get started in one, printer-friendly document.
Other Important Files
Walmart Memo Regarding The Right to Strike - A memo from Walmart outlining your right to strike
Retaliation Document – A flier giving people information on what to do if they have been retaliated against.
Community Asks Flyer – Distribute to your community so they know what they can do support the strike.
Stand Up Live Better Petition – Have your co-workers commit to join you.
Chant Sheet – A collection of chants to use while on the picket line.
Stand Up Live Better Flyer – Another flier to use with your co-workers.